EDITOR’S NOTE: We used to do the news on Mondays but are switching to Tuesday since so many times companies wait until Monday to release news.
1. Toyota has announced pricing on the 2012 Prius C at under $19K. The base level Prius C One’s MSRP is $18,950, but that doesn’t include a $760 destination charge.
2. Jaguar is gearing up to produce small run of turbine-powered C-X75 supercars. You won’t ever see one and you can’t afford it so moving on.
3. The lovely new, redesigned 2012 Porsche 911 *the new body style* has started to arrive at dealerships in the USA. Pricing starts at $82,100 and can climb up MUCH higher in a heartbeat.
4. The 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 convertible makes 650 HP but in an attempt to save your life, Ford is limiting the top speed to 155 MPH. You can get the coupe if you want to go 200 MPH.
5. If you’re wondering why Maybach went out of business well here you go. Maybach lost almost $500,000 on each vehicle they sold. Any questions?
6. The NHTSA is investigating possible driver-side door fires in 2007 Toyota Camry sedans and RAV4 crossovers.
7. 36,000 Nissan Versas have been recalled for potential defective shifter knobs.
8. BMW has agreed to pay a $3 million fine to the NHTSA for safety recall investigations. The fine was the result of U.S. government allegations that BMW failed to promptly notify regulators about potential safety defects.
9. Have $32 million laying around? Then you could have been the buyer of a rare Ferrari 250 GTO. There are only 39 of these in the world and one just changed hands in a private sale in the UK.
10. They needed a study for this? Researchers in Canada have discovered that smoking marijuana within three hours of driving can more than double your chances of being involved in a serious crash.