1. Chevy Malibu sales aren’t what GM hoped for so the company is reducing prices to as low as $23,150 MSRP to generate more interest in the car.
2. Chevy has abandoned it’s “Run Deep” slogan in favor of “Find New Roads.” I always liked the Run Deep commercials. The new slogan debuts along with the new C7 Corvette ad.
3. US Mercedes Benz fans are groaning at the new that the new CLA Edition 1 will be sold exclusively in Europe.
4. Our favorite car-related commercial “So God Made A Farmer” got Dodge Ram trucks a lot of notice. But it also helped a very worthy organization. The Future Farmers of America got a cool $1 million as a result of a charity drive tied to the ad.
5. In case you are the kind of person with lots of time on your hand, good news – the Monopoly race car piece was NOT cut from the game. The poor iron wasn’t so lucky and got the boot in favor of a new cat piece.
6. Jaguar is now showing the F-Type to journalists. The preproduction cars are on tour and will start to appear in US showrooms (for ordering purposes only) later this month. Jaguar announced that the coupe version of the F-Type won’t ship until 2014.
7. You may have thought we were done with Corvette C7 news but you were wrong. GM has promised it’s staging the world premiere of the model’s convertible version at the Geneva Motor Show next month.
8. If you want the cheapest car to own, Kelly Blue Book says that at the brand level, Mazsa and Lexus earn the crown when it comes to five year costs.
9. If you had your heart set on a new 2013 Range Rover you better have already put your money down. Land Rover says the car is sold out (pre-order) for at least six months and maybe a year. Ummm can’t you guys make more?
10. Automotive News Europe says Honda’s sales in Europe are so bad that it will cut 800 workers from the Swindon, England plant that builds the CR-V, Civic and Jazz (a.k.a. Fit).