1. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ordered Honda to recall some of its previous-generation Odyssey minivans due to potentially faulty gas-filled struts on vehicles equipped with a power rear liftgate. A total of 45,747 vehicles are affected by this recall, all of which are from the 2008 and 2009 model years.
2. Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler ad was the top viewed on YouTube. This will drive the haters insane.
3. Dodge has launched a new Dodge Dart configurator – - this trend is a good one. It allows customers to customize their own car. Now – all they have to do is find a dealer who won’t gouge them when they try to actually buy it.
4. Jaguar has managed to find a way to make the very sexy 2012 Jaguar XK even sexier with the new XK Artisan edition. It has polished 20-inch wheels and special leather seats and special colors. It adds $19k to the price.
5. According to The Detroit News – the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is investigating a number of vehicles for potentially faulty side airbags. The defective hardware has found its way into models from Toyota, Honda, Subaru and Nissan.
6. American Honda is recalling some 8,709 crossovers due to a possible fuel leak. The 2012 Honda Pilot and its upscale platform-mate, the Acura MDX, are affected by this recall, which is expected to begin in mid-March.
7. Mercedes-Benz is integrating the iPhone and the iPhone 4s feature called Siri into it’s new A-Class and will show it all off at next month’s Geneva Motor Show. At this time this is a European-only option.
8. Volkswagon says it more than doubled it’s profit with a 15% sales gain in 2011.
9. Goodyear is recalling 40,914 Wrangler Silent Armor tires manufactured in 2009. According to the manufacturer, the tread may separate from the rest of the tire under “severe conditions.”
10. The redesigned 2013 Acura RDX is headed to dealers this spring, and when it arrives, it will carry a base manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $34,320, plus a destination fee of $885.