1. If you’re the owner of a 2004 Ford Freestar or Mercury Monterey you are probably dealing with pre-mature rust. ANd The NHTSA feels your pain so they are upgrading their investigation into the problem.
2. Lotus – like it’s on again off again pal Saab, is on again with enough money to make some more cars. The company is actively seeking a buyer and is reportedly still woring on a new Esprit.
3. Dan Akerson will work for food. The GM CEO is on the short end of the stick when it comes to auto makers pay for CEOs. He’s ONLY making $7.4 which is a fourth of what Ford’s Mullaly makes.
4. the Mazda RX-8 isn’t done just yet. The company has agreed to make 1000 more units to meet demand.
5. Ford banked $1.4 billion in profits during the first quarter of 2012. In 2009 it lost that amount.
6. Chrysler Group First-quarter Modified Operating Profit Increased 55 Percent to $740 Million With Free Cash Flow of $1.7 Billion. I guess letting them die on the vine wasn’t such a good idea after all.
7. According to Edmunds, last month’s quickest-selling cars were:
2012 Toyota Prius C
8. Chrysler says the new Dodge Dart is capable of 41 MPG (assuming it is equipped with the optional Aero package.
9. Does you car come with turn signals? Why not start using them? According to a new study by the Society of Automotive Engineers, drivers neglect their turn signals, either by failing to turn when their signal is activated or not activating the signal at all, 750 billion times a year.
10. Rumors have it that GM is interested in purchasing up to 10% of Isuzu. Didn’t GM learn its lesson the last time they owned part of Isuzu?